Apple fonts in 3.7?

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Fri Feb 20 14:39:37 UTC 2004

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
Subject: Re: Apple fonts in 3.7?

> I tried to edit the fonts in 3.6 with the tool of boris.
> But I can only access
> Atlanta  #(11 22 )
> ComicBold  #(9 10 12 14 18 )
> ComicPlain  #(9 10 12 14 )
> ComicSansMS  #(9 12 15 24 36 )
> NewYork  #(12 15 18 24 )
I am surprised that you can see  ComicSansMS.
That text style uses TTCFonts that you cannot
edit with the editor. The newest version of the
editor should not offer TTCfonts for selection.
I will check that immediately.

> and not what is really present
>
> Atlanta  #(11 22 )
> ComicBold  #(9 10 12 14 18 )
> ComicPlain  #(9 10 12 14 )
> ComicSansMS  #(9 12 15 24 36 )
> DefaultFixedTextStyle  #(11 22 )
> DefaultTextStyle  #(12 15 18 24 )
> NewYork  #(12 15 18 24 )
>
> Are the apple fonts the default ones?
DefaultFixedTextStyle  and  DefaultTextStyle are
entries in the pool dictionary TextConstants.
(That is the global where all fonts are stored -
together with other stuff)
In the 3.6 image, DefaultFixtTextStyle is nothing but
a second reference to Atlanta, and
DefaultTextStyle is a second reference to
NewYork. In our new image with the AccuFonts,
DefaultFixedTextStyle still references Atlanta
and DefaultTextStyle is  Accuny.

In my tool I suppress DefaultFixedTextStyle and DefaultTextStyle
because I tought that it is not a good idea to display a font under
two different list items. This is of course a personal view.

> I saw that the accu fonts have problem with L (lowercase) and one (1).
> The pipe is also a problem as it moves between the
> different size. But this can be fixed. How do we proceed? Is there
> somebody willing to fix accufont?

I will look at it, but for now I cannot promise that I will be
able to produce something better.

Greetings, Boris