Apple fonts in 3.7?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 16:13:07 UTC 2004

> Ehrm. Why can't the fonts live their lives as packages?! Packages,
> packages, packages!! (he chants hysterically while looking like a
> maniac)
>
> I mean, we have been talking about getting the Apple fonts removed for
> *ages*. And now when Doug finally takes the time and effort to do it...

Uh ... a somewhat odd argument considering that we've just taken a package
from SM and loaded it into the image, wouldn't you think ;-)

[btw, something's broken on SM -
http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagebyname/AccuFonts ends up with
"Error: a primitive has failed"]

> Anyway IMHO "removing them" just means that there is a Basic image that
> doesn't have them. So that the license for Basic can eventually drop
> that stuff about the Apple fonts.

A basic image doesn't need Accu fonts either. If you are into "basic" stuff
you may as well use Atlanta for everything. Enjoy ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas

PS. The message here is simply that "packages, packages, packages" isn't the
answer to every question.