shrinking, Squat engineering (was "Squat crash on winXP")

smallsqueak.net smallsqueak at rogers.com
Fri Feb 20 21:42:09 UTC 2004

Hi Craig,

> > Current major shrink need MVC to work, with remote shrinking that
> > MVC head can be chopped off as well.
>
> Right, that's just what I did. You can see some of the methods I ran to
> do that in class Apprentice.

    Thanks, I will have a look.

> > To be really useful, IMHO, Squat should be ported to mainstream.
>
> No, to be really useful, Squat should *become* the mainsream. :)

    If you really think so, you are in quite a position to push for it.

    After all, you are The Guide in charge of minimal image aren't you.

    So, either Squat be ported to mainstream or
    mainstream be ported to Squat, right ;-)

> > Do they have support for package?
>
> They have support for live modules, which is still a work in progress.
> There is currently no support for SqueakMap.
>
> > I love to load a package loader and SM into the minimal.image ;-)
>
> Sure! Please write a module that enables that.

    I know it won't be me but if Goran can lay his hands on a copy
    of Squatta Sutra that will be just a piece of cake ;-)

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.