X display plugin.

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 20 21:26:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:30:08PM -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
> This never worked, as far as I can remember...
>
> I did finally figure out how to make cvs update get the Xdisplay plugin
> directories but I still get this build error:

Alan,

Try telling VMMaker to build the XDisplayControlPlugin as an external
plugin. I think what is happening here is that the VM code for the X
display is now living in an external module vm-display-X11.so. This VM
module contains variables and functions that the XDisplayControlPlugin
is trying to link to. When you build the plugin internally, it does not
know how to find these references in the external vm-display-X11.so.
Or something like that. Anyway, try building it external and see if
it takes care of the problem for you.

Dave