About TextStyle

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 20 22:33:09 UTC 2004

hi ned

I wanted to know something about a method you implemented in the past.

I was implementing this method
knownTextStylesWithoutDefault
	"Answer the names of the known text styles, sorted in alphabetical
order without default"

	"TextStyle knownTextStylesWithoutDefault"
	| result |
	result := self knownTextStyles asOrderedCollection.
	result remove: #DefaultFixedTextStyle.
	result remove:  #DefaultTextStyle.
	^ result

so that I can query all the styles and after i saw that you have defined

actualTextStyles
	| aDict |
	"TextStyle actualTextStyles"

	"Answer dictionary whose keys are the names of styles in the system
and whose values are the actual styles"

	aDict _ TextConstants select: [:thang | thang isKindOf: self ].
	aDict removeKey: #DefaultTextStyle.
	aDict removeKey: #DefaultFixedTextStyle.
	^ aDict

And now I'm confused because the dictionary that you return only
contains one font (for exemple Accuat12 but not
the ones that are possible for example Accuat18) The examples are
fictive because I have to go to sleep.

So can you let me know the differences?
Thanks

Stef