Apple fonts in 3.7?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Feb 20 23:06:58 UTC 2004

On Feb 20, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> you can see that the original NY font actually spaces the punctuation
> characters evenly whereas AccuNY (consistently) doesn't. Note however,
> that
> the spacing within the AccuNY family is perfectly consistent and
> really I
> don't like the idea very much to screw around with it. It's obviously
> an
> intentional choice of the font designer - I just happen not to like it
> ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Well as the original author/designer of AccuNY I'll speak to this a bit
later since I"m at an airport right now.
I've been looking at magnified images of the THREE fonts (yes three)
The squeak 'New York'
the AccuNY, and the original Apple 'New York' interestingly enough the
Squeak 'New York' is a
variation on the original 'New York'

More on this later today.

===