Apple fonts in 3.7?

Timothy Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 21 02:21:42 UTC 2004

On Feb 20, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Trouble is that you can't really have a committee (isn't it funny that
> just
> two hours ago we were talking about the spelling of that word ;-)
> decide on
> what the look and feel of an entire system *should* be.
No; but you can have a group of people get together to discuss the
relatively minor issues of default font chioce, range of fonts in
various textstyles, coherency of colours and widget sizes etc and then
actually write some code to implement their decisions. It is after all
pretty much the definition of open source working.

Yes, ideally someone with real UI talent would be able to get together
with someone with implementation talent to do a really bangup job.
Hasn't happened so far - for any OS on any platform ever. I live in
hope.

tim