[Q] Connectors

Baveco, Hans Hans.Baveco at wur.nl
Sat Feb 21 15:06:45 UTC 2004

Thanks Ned,

these are exactly the methods I need to take a look at (it just didn't occur to me to look at Morph, but of course, some connector methods must be located there as well).

Hans

	On Friday 20 February 2004 2:07 pm, Baveco, Hans wrote:
	> Hi, I am trying to adapt Connectors (1.9) to my needs - connecting only
	> morphs of a certain class. I found out how to connect correctly when
	> creating a new connector (an instance of a subclass of NCConnectorMorph I
	> defined). HOwever, how to proceed when disconnecting and reconnecting an
	> existing morph?  I want the blue handles to appear only on morphs that are
	> allowed to be connected by my connector and can't figure out how to do this
	> (currently the morphs in my application don't even show these handles, so
	> one question is what determines whether the handles appear? I may have
	> overriden some mouse event code or...?). I guess the general question is
	> "can one make connectors choosy?": with handles that show up only on the
	> preferred morphs and only these preferred morph being connectable?

	Which handles do you mean?

	There are two things that I can think of:

	* the curve vertex handles on the Connectors themselves, which can be turned
	on from the menu or a shift-click, and

	* the connection highlighting that appears on potential connection
	destinations when you're dragging a Connector end. These show the potential
	attachment points on the morph.

	I suspect you're talking about the second one. What you need to look at is:

	Morph>>wantsAttachmentFromEnd: index ofConnector: aConnector

	and

	NCConnectorMorph>>wantsToAttachEnd: index toMorph: aMorph
	NCConnectorMorph>>wantsToDetachEnd: index fromMorph: aMorph

	--
	Ned Konz
	http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/