[BUG]Celeste cannot be loaded from SqueakMap with 5707

Frank Caggiano frank at crystal-objects.com
Sun Feb 22 00:29:42 UTC 2004

bernhard at pieber.com wrote:
> I did the following:
> - Downloaded Squeak3.7a-5657.zip (from the mirror in Magdeburg)
> - Updated code from the Squeak Public Updates (updated to 5707)
> - Opened the Package Loader
> - Installed Celeste 1.21 from SqueakMap
>
> I got the following message dialog:
> Error occurred during install:
> TimeZone is defined elsewhere

The new chrono package contains a class TimeZone, Celeste has a class
variable TimeZone. Not sure why these two conflict but they do.

The ideal fix would be for Celesete to use the new TimeZone class but as
it is written now (TimeZone class) there isn't much functionality there.
I started working on some enhancements for the class, to add local
timezone info and allow taking the difference between timezones but
right now I'm not sure what the status of this package is. Did i hear
that it might be removed?

Short term would be to rename the class variable in Celesete it's only
accessed in one or two places.

regards

--
Frank Caggiano				"The best education for the best
caggiano at crystal-objects.com		is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html