[PLEA]BFAV!!!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 23 08:05:11 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I am not sure how many on this list read my postings - it feels like I
am posting A LOT and perhaps my signal/noise ratio is preventing people
from reading. I don't know. :)

BUT... if you *are* reading this and are interested in *participating*
in the Squeak community instead of just being a lurker :-) - then my
advice to you is to help us all with the reviewing and testing of BUGs,
FIXes and ENHs.

There are currently lots of FIXes, BUG reports and ENHancements that
needs testing and reviewing. 	- BUG reports can be verified. Is it still
a BUG? Can more info be supplied?
	- FIXes and ENHs can be filed in and checked if they work at all.
	- The code can be looked at and you can verify the fix to be "small" or
"documented".

There are simply lots of things you can do - even if you aren't a Squeak
codeslinger. :)

Interested? Good! Then do this (copied from
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/29.html):

You will want a setup including at a minimum:

	-The latest VM for your platform.
	-a 3.7a-5707 Image

>From the SqueakMap2 package loader you will want to upgrade all
installed packages. When PackageInfo is upgraded and suggests that you
install Monticello you should probably let it do so.

Install the latest versions of:

	-"BFAV2 Installer" (Note do not install "BFAV 2", use this installer
package instead)
	-"Refactoring Browser and related tools"
	-"SUnit"

Feel free to install any other packages that make you more comfortable.

If you have trouble with BFAV2 you may need a patch posted by Ned Konz
at
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-February/073
827.html

regards, Göran

PS. For example - I have just posted an ENH called SoundSystemCleanup
and I need it to be tested! Does sound work properly after this is filed
in? Does the preference soundsEnabled work as it should? Does the code
look sound? etcetc