New fixes/enhs should always go through squeak-dev (was Re:New font (5707) choice is a bit problematic)

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Mon Feb 23 19:58:27 UTC 2004

> Perhaps if they change the title (adding a type tag or
> changing the text of the title) though (in which case BFAV2
> will treat it as a new thread) it should warn them if they
> send it to BFAV Server and not Squeak List.

The next package release of the BFAV2 will warn the user if, in a reply
to an existing post, the user changes the title( either by changing the
type tags or title text).  It will warn regardless of whether the post
is sent to the BFAV server or the Squeak List.

> On a related note I'm a little uncertain about it including
> Discussion Members by default.
>
> However if I remember correctly BFAV2 soon will sport check
> boxes for this rather than a text field.  I think people will
> be much more inclined to review the available choices with
> checkboxes.  So maybe that alone will decrease these sorts of
> problems.

In the next package release, the To: pane in the reviewer notepad is
only checkboxes, all of which are unchecked by default.

HTH,
Brent