[ENH] SoundSystemCleanup-gk ( [er][et] needs a little work )

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 23 20:07:15 UTC 2004

> Yes, as I interpret it the use of play is to be able to install another
> "playable" as default beep.

Yes!!!
Really I have no time now to discuss again that. This was sent
loooonnggg time ago
and people were aksed for review. So why now again.

>>> Back on the subject of Beeper>>beepPrimtive:  Why even have this
>>> method?
>>>  Consider Beeper class>>beepPrimitive private and use it directly in
>>> any
>>> places that the methods of Beeper need to generate a beep directly.
>
> I agree - I was also puzzled over the instance side #beep and
> #beepPrimitive. They just muddled the concept IMHO. I think I will
> remove those - #play is fine by itself I think.

I'm tired.......
because if we want to be able to change the default beep as explain in
the comment
we want the instance side to be able to accept the same method than the
class.
This way we have the same protocol and people get used to have Beeper
beep

stef