[ENH] SoundSystemCleanup-gk

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 24 07:08:24 UTC 2004

Raymond Asselin <raymondasselin at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> This is the text Stephane Ducasse sent in mai 2003 when beginning to
> work with Beeper...It this can help to understand what was the issue.
> ================
[SNIP]
> So you can invoke Beeper as follow
>
>     Beeper default beep
>     Beeper default play
>
> But the idiom is really Beeper beep

The above isn't mentioned in the current class comment. But it shows
that the proposal wanted to have the above different ways of writing it
- at least from the beginning. I think that is a mistake since it is
mostly just confusing. And the fact that this has been removed from the
class comment suggests that maybe we are looking at "leftovers" here.

I will post a simpified version soon in which I have removed everything
(#beep, #beepPrimitive) but #play from the instance side and also
removed the #play from the class side. And done some other things.

regards, Göran