[PLEA]BFAV!!!

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Feb 24 08:51:07 UTC 2004

Am 24.02.2004 um 05:02 schrieb John Pfersich:

> Brent Vukmer wrote:
>
>>  > Another problem is that RB is, IMHO too much a patch to the
>> system. For
>>>  reviewing,
>>>  this is not that nice... especially when reviewing patches to the
>>>  browser.
>>
>> For BFAV purposes, it would be nice to have just SLint as a
>> standalone package ... or do reviewers use other RB features?
>
> I mostly use SLint

Ok, yes, SLint is needed. So maybe we can split RB... but maybe this is
not even needed: The version on SqueakSource
already adds much less methods to the system (as a lot of stuff has
been harvestet, e.g. ifEmpty).

All overrides in Refactory.mcz just patch the references of "Browser"
to be "RefatoringBrowser". We could add an Appregistry
subclass (CodeBrowser) and reference that instead. Besides removing all
overrides, this would make it much simpler to
disable browsing with RB, e.g to test patches to the old browser. Then
having RB loaded shouldn't be a real problem for
harvesters.

       Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de