[ANN] BFAV 2.06 (recommended upgrade)

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Feb 24 16:50:37 UTC 2004

This package release has a number of fixes and enhancements from Ned
Konz and Frank Shearar.  It's worth upgrading for that reason alone,
IMO.  This release also has some enhancements to the notepad UI, based
on feedback from Doug Way and Ken Causey.

The most exciting thing about this release: I am pleased to announce
that Ken Causey's tabs work has been integrated into the BFAV.  I
believe that this makes the BFAV qualitatively more usable; the
left-to-right progression of the tabs shows the harvesting process from
start to finish.  As each tab is clicked, the BFAV window label is
updated to list the number of posts for that tab (i.e., the number of
'Approved' posts).

Also I'd just like to say that Ken's tabs, in addition to being very
easy to use programmatically, look *really sweet*.  I would be very
pleased if Ken chose to submit his tab classes as an ENH for inclusion
in the image.  :)

Cheers,
Brent

Installation Notes:
The object model changed a bit under the covers (several classes changed
structure) so if you are upgrading from 2.05 to 2.06 in the same image,
you will probably get popup dialogues asking if you want to move various
objects to Undeclared.  Click "Yes" in every case; the installer will
clean this up.

Coder Confessions:
I'd like to fess up in advance to including an Easter egg; the BFAV
window label can now be clicked on; when clicked on, the label causes
the BFAV to update.  I find this useful; hope it doesn't cause confusion
for anyone...