A Call for Harvesting Party Hosts

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Feb 24 18:27:55 UTC 2004

I will be able to attend the next 3 harvesting parties and act as host
but the next few after that will be past my bedtime.  I'm asking now for
volunteers to act as hosts for future harvesting parties.

What are the duties of a host?  Be logged into the #squeak IRC channel
during the party.  Be welcoming and polite.  Be ready to answer basic
questions on the harvesting process and how to install and use BFAV2.
Be ready to answer or point to resources for answering other squeak
questions.  Each harvesting party lasts for 4 hours.

The next 8 harvesting parties are

16:00 (4 PM) GMT Wednesday February 25th 2004

20:00 (8 PM) GMT Sunday February 29th 2004

24:00 (Midnight) GMT Friday March 5th 2004

04:00 (4 AM) GMT Tuesday March 9th 2004

08:00 (8 AM) GMT Saturday March 13th 2004

12:00 (Noon) GMT Wednesday March 17th 2004

16:00 (4 PM) GMT Sunday March 21st 2004

20:00 (8 PM) GMT Thursday March 25th 2004

As I said I will be able to attend the first 3 in the list above.  I
will not be able to attend the next 3 (Mar 9, Mar 13, Mar 17).  I
probably will be able to attend the last two.

If you are interested in being a host for a specific harvesting party
(or parties) please send an email to the squeak-dev mailing list
announcing this fact.  If you are interested but not able to attend the
full four hours go ahead and announce that fact and solicit someone else
to handle the period you will be absent.  In general there is no reason
that there cannot be more than one host so volunteer early and often
because the more the better.

Perhaps in the long run as the concept firms up we will not need hosts.
But for now I think it is best if there is always someone around to help
and provide simple advice.

Ken Causey