Move it! (was Re: Squeak.org offline again?)

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Feb 27 14:00:37 UTC 2004

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

>Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org> wrote:
>

>>There is no website configured at this address.
>>
>>You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the
>>site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error,
>>please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this
>>site.
>>

>Sigh, this is simply something we can't accept anymore. Why can't we
>just transfer the domain to Cees' machines or something? So that this
>stuff never happens again.
>
>I just got today in my hand a magazine called "DiU" (translates to
>"Computers in Education") and it has the Squeak logo in megasize all
>over the frontpage and includes a 4 page article from me about Squeak.
>Will be another article on eToys in the next issue.
>
>This goes out to approx 3000 teachers this week and guess which URL is
>listed as the Official homepage? Right. Thank god I also listed
>Squeakland, minnow, SqP and SM.
>
>regards, Göran

I've got web space on a server which I would be happy to donate as long
as traffic doesn't get excessive.  I've only got one IP so we'd have to
use a vhost but I do it for several customers now without any problems.
I currently support publishing over SSL+WebDAV or using sftp (secure
ftp).  Contact me separately if I can be of any help.

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer