Squeak coding style...

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Sat Feb 28 13:32:44 UTC 2004

Why don't you review the code with "pretty" print turned on? Maybe this won't
give you exactly what you want, but it is sure consistent. And so everybody
can stick with hers preferred formating style.

I don't think formatting rules are silly. But let me quote Kent Beck on this:
"No other topic generates more heat and less light than code formatting.
Everybod has their own style and attempts to impose another style are met
with feroius resistence. So, why am I willingly sticking my head into this
buzz saw? [...] [A] reason is "because it is important." Not necessarily
formatting code according to these patterns but formatting them according to
some set of consistent rules gives a team a smoothness to their interaction.
If everybody formats the same way, then reviews and code transfer are never
delayed while someone "cleans up" the code [...]" or while another one writes
emails about code formatting in which he endlessly quotes Kent Beck! :)

Alex