New Harvester offering! (Re: About harvesting)

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Wed Jan 7 15:53:07 UTC 2004

Hi Stef.
I'd like to spend one word on your email.
I think the harvesting is FUNDAMENTAL to Squeak.

The overall quality of the image is improved, in my own opinion.
 SqueakMap, DVS/SAR/Monticello and Harvesting are the most powerful
ideas of my last 5 years of  squeaker-developer ;))

Now the things are changing: I am developing a small project for me and
my friends (a Personal Information Manager) and I play with Squeak on
regular basis.
I am also more strong in Squeak (I think to know about 75% of the code
of the base image....) So I'd like to harvest.

My time is not so much but...I think I can do this "job", as a slow
turtle.... :)
I have read
 http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/45 (The Harvesters)
and
 http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152
(Harvesting Process)

What must I do to became an harvester? I must Install the BFAV and get
approved my the Master Harvester (Doug Way)?
How can I start ?!
Thank you a lot!

ducasse ha scritto in data 06/01/2004 20.00:

> hi all
>
> I really do not understand why people that develop in Squeak real
> applications or for which Squeak is critical
> do not review bug, fixes and others. Not been able to spend one hour
> per two weeks really show that they are busy squeakers
> out there.
>
> May be what we are doing is useless after all?
> I'm wondering why I spent my time mainly for egoist.....because I see
> fix and enh getting just pilled up and
> there are really *FEW* people looking at bug fixes or other.
>
> I'm really wondering what will happen when I will stop with marcus.
> Because this will happen.
>
> Stef
>
> Please do not spend your precious time answering this email. The only
> answer I can understand is
> open BFAV and comment fix enh....

 Giovanni Giorgi               ObjectWay SpA - Milano
 http://www.objectway.it    via Boltraffio, 7 - 20156 Milano