Clean up BFAV?

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jan 8 02:00:40 UTC 2004

Yes!

The most depressing thing about reviewing fixes is that you know you
aren't going to make a dent.  And the most depressing thing about
submitting fixes is that you know they may well get lost in all the
volume.  If we could keep the list to 20-50 items then we would be far
more likely to fire up BFAV and try to bring the list back down to 0.

Bugs and fixes that old either:

- won't be relevant anymore; or
- won't work in the new image anyway; or
- will be posted in an incorrect format (according to your examination)

I think there's so much chaffe in there, that we are more than justified
in forcibly drafting the authors in to help separate the wheat.  And I'm
personally willing to risk missing a few gems if the trade off is that
the gems we all create in the future get integrated faster.

Julian