About harvesting

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Jan 8 11:34:41 UTC 2004

Am 08.01.2004 um 10:30 schrieb Simon Michael:

> Marcus Denker wrote:
>> I really thought about that yesterday... if we judge the "will" of
>> the comunity by the actions that the
>> community does, then we can clearly state that harvesting is not
>> wanted.
>
> It would seem that *reviewing* is not wanted, at least in it's present
> form.
> Maybe the reviewing policy should be reviewed.

The question is what that other policy could be.

What I like to see would be some kind of "trust-factor" added to the
review
policy: Somebody submitting a changeset who is rated as "master" should
know what he's doing...

But whatever review-policy we have, cleaning up the archive isn't
affected
by that: A submission that has been accepted in the past or is simply
not
valid anymore can be closed whatever the policy is...

       Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de