[ANN] Keymapping -- manage your keyboard shortcuts

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun Jan 11 15:41:13 UTC 2004

Stephane,

My package is an enhancement of the one from Steven (I refered to it in
my announcement by its SqueakMap package name: KeyMapper).  I would have
listed it as an [ENH] but I'm not sure how interested Steven is in
incorporating my work into his.  I have been in e-mail contact with him
and when we both have time I hope to propose that we bring the two works
together.  I use his model which has a KeyMapper in each TextMorph.
Each one has it's own keymap so you can have per-instance keymaps.

At the moment, all of the shortcut handling code is in TextMorph, not in
ParagraphEditor.  My extension to his code allows you to specify actions
which are invoked on the ParagraphEditor so you can invoke methods like
browseIt: and save:.  Still, though, this is not a perfect situation and
near the top of my to-do list is moving the key handling code into
ParagraphEditor so that non-TextMorph users of ParagraphEditor can
benifit from this package.  So, while I think my package brings some
much needed enhancements to KeyMapper, we are certainly not done.  Some
community feedback on this work will be helpful in guiding its future
development.

David