update stream policy

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Jan 17 20:58:10 UTC 2004

On Jan 17, 2004, at 12:38 PM, ducasse wrote:

> But I was not talking about package code with a maintainer. I was
> talking about Kernel OrderedCollection, ClassBuilder,
> SystemChangeNotifier...the core.... the deep core....

Well, the question for me is, who is the maintainer?  Or are you saying
there isn't one?  Does the same person maintain the OrderedCollection
code that maintains the OrderedCollection tests?  ClassBuilder and the
ClassBuilder tests?  If so, then ok, put the tests in the image (until
we have it together enough to maintain even the core elements as
discrete packages), but give the designated maintainer full commit
privileges - no approval needed for them to get changes into the
stream.  At least that way we don't get bogged down so much in the
BFAV.

My sense is that right now there is a clear group of people that are
maintaining these tests, separately from whoever maintains the core of
the image (ie, everybody and nobody), and could most easily keep
maintaining them if they were a separate package independent of the
image.  But I could be mistaken about that in this instance, and maybe
that's what you're telling me.