monticello with dependencies

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Tue Jan 20 10:17:04 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

I tried out your new release and I like it a lot! Especially for our big
insurance project using a lot of different packages, this comes in very
handy and will save us much time when updating the server.

However, when playing with the new release in a fresh 3.6 image, I
observed the following problems:

- I created an empty package 'Root' and two dependent packages 'RootA'
and 'RootB' with an empty class in each. When trying to save 'Root' for
the first time I get the following stack-dump:

	OrderedCollection(Object)>>error:
	OrderedCollection(Collection)
>>errorEmptyCollection
	OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>first

MCWorkingCopy>>currentVersionInfo
	[] in
MCWorkingCopy>>newVersionWithName:message:
	OrderedCollection>>collect:

MCWorkingCopy>>newVersionWithName:message:
	[] in
MCWorkingCopy>>newVersion
	Array(Object)>>ifNotNilDo:

MCWorkingCopy>>newVersion
	MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>saveVersion

After saving the dependent packages 'RootA' and 'RootB' independently,
saving the root works again.

- The dependent packages do not get properly stored in the repository,
I don't see what the problem is actually, because I assigned the same
repository to the dependent packages but they do not appear there.

- I accidently added the same dependency 'RootA' twice to the package
'Root', something that should probably be avoided eventough it doesn't
lead to problems:

	Name: Root-lr.4