Squeak Progress article on smalltalk.org blog

Peter William Lount peter at ActiveInfo.CA
Wed Jan 21 14:52:24 UTC 2004

http://smallblog.smalltalk.org:9999/seaside/blog/SmalltalkDotOrg/50fdf75f-f8e8-47d8-95a1-21e44de5c02d
(or if the above link line wraps try http://Smalltalk.org and click on the
small blog link near the top of the page. Then scroll to find the article
"Morphing Squeak Into a Production Server").

Hi,

I wish to thank the people in the squeak community who provided support
yesterday for issues facing Smalltalk.org's adoption of Squeak as it's
production daemon server vehicle (BSD Sockets, Squeak Daemon Issues,
Windows/Unix development/deployment Issues). I've written a synopsis of what
occured from my point of view and in I'm very impressed with the quality of
the interaction provided by the squeak community. Professional excellence
was clearly present. The squeak community is a powerful demonstration of
open source in action. Thank you.

All the best and thanks again,

Peter William Lount, Smaltalk.org Senior Editor
peter at smalltalk.org
peter at acitveinfo.ca

p.s. If you have any comments on the blog article please try out the
comments feature of the small blog.. If it doesn't work please email me
them. I've heard from a couple of people that it isn't accepting comments.
Experimental gamma code! (Actually it's just squeak 3.6g-2 image with a 3.6
image and small blog loaded and a few minor changes to add the logos and a
couple of links). I'll upgrade when time and significant improvements to
small blog permits.

p.s.s. This might be a good opportunity for the squeak community to pound on
the small blog and see how it fairs... ;--) be nice....