Help with SUnit

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Jan 23 04:22:11 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 4:32 pm, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Ok, I updated a test image and recreated your problems. I'd bet no-one
> else has done things like
> set instance variables to null in the teardown methods so they've not
> uncovered this bug.
>
> Perhaps by the time I wade thru the rest of my email and squeak mail
> then someone (Ned?) will
> have come up with a fix.

Actually, I just ran into this about 2 hours before I read the email.

The only way to be really clean with this is to know when the debugger is
closed. Which we don't.

I think doing this right will require a trivial subclass of Debugger that
overrides #windowIsClosing to trigger the appropriate cleanup in the
TestCase, including:
	* tearDown
	* signaling the semaphore for the destruction of the test resources.

Perhaps something as simple as passing a block or selector to the debugger to
perform at exit will work.