Trouble getting SqueakMap to work

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jan 27 08:10:26 UTC 2004

Jazzmynn <jazzmynn at ida.net> wrote:
> Hi Göran (and all!)
>
> I could never figure out how to get a "SqueakDebug.Log" file
> generated following a user interrupt. Or generally from within the
> debugger at all.

As a matter of fact - I am not sure when it gets created either. Perhaps
someone else with insight can explain that.

> Of course, I could go to a workspace and do a "self halt" and that
> seemed to trigger a log (or maybe not, wish I could remember), but
> the log produced was even more "removed" from the problem at hand
> than what I sent earlier...
>
> I'd like to confirm Masato Sumi's suspicion that the filenames may be
> a problem for MacOS. (at least pre-9.x MacOS).

Yes, this seems pretty much confirmed and I intend to push out a test
solution soon.

[SNIP]
> Thank you so very much for your hard work, Göran. Really.
> You've done so much for so long for the Squeak community, and deserve
> praise and respect for all your contributions.
>
> Please accept my heartfelt thanks, and my confidence that I will one
> day be able to again enjoy your "bit of magic" called SqueakMap.

<blush> :)

Given such praise I will release something today I think. Stay tuned. :)

> Jazzmynn

regards, Göran