Goods was Re: Magma....

Marco Paga seaside at marco-paga.de
Sat Jul 3 16:55:28 UTC 2004

Am Samstag, 3. Juli 2004 18:47 schrieb Jimmie Houchin:
> [snip]
> A question about GOODS.
> I haven't explored yet, but, is there a GOODS server for OSX?

As I can read on
	http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/
it is based on "rock solid" unix. So in fact you can download and compile the
unix version.

> Would the data be cross-platform?

I can't see what OS you're running. So But in fact there shouldn't be anything
going wrong. (Fingers crossed)

> Can I just copy the data over to the server to deploy?

Yes. You can copy the files and start the server. No problem.

> Or would I need to set up my server (in a different room :)
> and set up a GOODS server on my server and build my database there?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jimmie Houchin

regards
marco
--
The future is a process, not a destination.
The future is not a noun, it's a verb.

-- Bruce Sterling