[GOODIE] address checker (was Re: [SOLVED?] (was Re: [BUG HUNT!]ImageSegment loading troubles revisited))

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jul 5 13:01:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 11:51:08AM +0200, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Same here. Haven't seen any other malfunction. And funky enough it seems
> that "-memory 30m" makes Linux put Squeak in a better place or
> something. :)

If you get a chance, can you try the CheckMemoryAddresses-dtl.1.cs that I
posted and see if it confirms this?

> PS. Am I daft - or why is it a *signed* int? Why not simply unsigned?

Well, that's sort of the default data type for lots of things in C. If you
want something else, you need to declare your intentions. As Tim has pointed
out, this is certainly part of what is being tidying up for the 64 VM.

Dave

p.s. Is this important for you to get fixed soon, or can you afford to wait
for the 64 bit VM?