[ENH] speedup for DateAndTime

pinkney_b at www.aircom.co.za pinkney_b at www.aircom.co.za
Tue Jul 6 08:57:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

Since I introduced and maintain the Chronology package, I will submit a
solution when I return next week.

What is required, IMHO, is a solution in the spirit of the Integer classes.

    DateAndTime
        SimpleDateAndTime
        PrecisionDateAndTime
            TimeStamp

SimpleDateAndTime has second precision and no support for timezones. Not
only will it be fast, it will have terse representation - 2 SmallIntegers
for those concerned about storing instances.

PrecisionDateAndTime is the current all singing and dancing DateAndTime.
TimeStamp remains a legacy class.

A preference will determine which gets instanciated

I have had a draft of this on my pc for a while. I just need to dust it off
and ensure the two versions play nicely together.

Cheers

Brent