start activeX out of Squeak possible?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jul 6 14:10:10 UTC 2004

"Thomas Bernitt" <thom-ber at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to start a automations object (Com-Server/ActiveX) out of Squeak - is
> that possible? (I work with windows.) - I mean something like I do in
> JScript in that way: "ServerST10 = new
> ActiveXObject("BiosServer.BiosServerAdapter")"
>
> Another similar question: Is it possible so send Mircrosoft command
> line-commands out of Squeak - for instance to start another program with
> command line parameters.
>
> It's because I want to script some startup-scripts in Squeak.

Well, first you have the FFI stuff. Check class comment of Win32Shell to
play some.

Then you can use FFI yourself to easily call .dlls, haven't played much
myself with that - but you can see how it is done in the FFI example
classes.

And of course you have OSProcess, check Win32 class categories, class
side has at least one example starting solitare I guess. (just migrated
to Linux, so I can't test it :))

And finally the last frontier - build your own VM plugin. But that
involves more than just squeak code. :)

regards, Göran