About getting rid of CharRecog

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 9 17:57:07 UTC 2004

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> I would like to know if we could:
> 	- get rid of CharRecog
> 	- or at least change the key binding to avoid to have this ugly window
> 	popping up when pressing cmd-R (which could then be used to get all
> the references to a class).

You mean like alt-shift-n ?

Anyway, I agree that char recog should not be hooked in, but the reason
is that we now have Genie!  So long as Genie can still be enabled
easily, sure, squash it.  All you have to do is remove the hook (from
ParagraphEditor?).  Purists might want to move all "one page" of it out
of the CharRecog class out of the image and put it on SqueakMap.

-Lex