simulator regression-testing, 2004-07-09

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Jul 9 23:35:09 UTC 2004

	Oh, I also tried with a 3.6 "final" snapshot, also (3.6.5429).
Apparently the VM stuff is already in there, so you don't have to load a
separate VMMaker package. InterpreterSimulator>>primitiveGetAttribute,
InterpreterSimulatorLSB>>halfWordAt: and
SequenceableCollection>>copyGrownBy: are all missing, as with VMMaker
3.6g2 and 3.7a2.

	After patching those, simulating the 3.6.5429 snapshot in MVC yields
the "primitiveBrowserPluginReady" problem I mentioned in my previous
message. In Morphic, Interpreter>>primitiveTruncated barfs on a very
large number. The display is painted under MVC, however, as with
3.7.5969.

	Normally these days I simulate 3.2 and 2.2 snapshots from a 3.2
snapshot, for the Squat project.

-C

--
Craig Latta