"Save Project on File" "almost hangs" Squeak?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 10 15:40:56 UTC 2004

Goran,

Thanks for your notes, one question inline ..
On July 10, 2004 09:06 am, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:

<<snip>>

> Ned explained in another post - check that.

Thanks, I followed up ...

> > (70K),please let me know if it makes sense / would help to attach it
> > here. Or if I can be helped to get the "log".
> >
> > > Also - saving a Project on file should produce (IIRC) a so called
> > > "export" ImageSegment, otherwise it wouldn't be loadable in another
> > > image.
> >
> > Unfortunately I do not know enough about Squek to know what this  means
> > :(
>
> Nothing important - it sounded like you were wondering if a saved
> Project actually resulted in a so called "export ImageSegment" instead
> of a non-export ImageSegment (there are two kinds). A non-export
> ImageSegment can't be loaded into another image. Project files are
> always export ImageSegments.

I know I should do my homework for this, well, skipping that, a question: What
is "non-export ImageSegment" good for? Just for a "manual overview", sort of
a dump that is more readable than the "export version"?  (From your note I
assume that "export version" is good for a follow-up load  :) )

Thanks Milan