"Save Project on File" "almost hangs" Squeak?

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Jul 10 22:10:20 UTC 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 8:33 am, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> Ned Konz wrote:
> > If you have the standard Preference settings, the debug log file should
> > be produced automaticaly in the same directory when you interrupt Squeak
> > with an Alt-. keystroke.
>
> Interesting - I should have standard Preferences (I only changed Fonts
> etc), my "logDebuggerStackToFile" is checked (is it the option that
> controls the log?) - but I cannot get a "debug.log" or any log, what I was
> doing: - Alt-.
> 		- User Input dialog appears
> 	- I select "Debug"
> 		- no log yet
> 	- I tried miscelaneous stuff at this point (Full Stack, Proceed, Restart),
> but no "debug.log" or similar appeared
> 		- still no log

No, I guess I was wrong. It only happens when a debugger is put up when you
*don't* hit Alt-.

> 	- after CTRL-click on "user interrupt window" and selecting "mail out bug
> report", and a few questions I pasted the content into a file that is
> attached ... I am not sure the email from Squeak got through, does not seem
> so, it did not ask me my mailserver id/password, so I attached the file.

I don't see anything abnormal there. You say that it hangs?

Can you describe in detail how you created this project (or at least what's in
the World you're trying to save)?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/