[ANN] New SqueakMap Package Loader!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jul 11 03:05:57 UTC 2004

Howdy all!

Well, I have finally some results from my recent SM work - two new
package releases:

	SqueakMap2 base 1.0           (<- well, about time...)
	SqueakMap2 loader 1.0

...you should be able to get them by simply do "upgrade all installed
packages" in your current package loader - and in any case, the new
loader NEEDS the new base so if you pick them manually - MAKE SURE TO
UPGRADE BOTH.

Possibly the new base could be installed on its own - but that seems
slightly poinless because the new loader is so much nicer! :)

This new package loader has a bunch of small contributed enhancements
from you guys like:

- Browse cache (if it is in there)
- Copy from cache (if you want to put the file somewhere else too)
- Force download into cache (just that)
- Email package maintainers (nice addition)

Navigation:
- The category tree that Andreas posted a while back, though adapted a
bit.

Filtering:
- Display only published releases
- The ability to add selected categories as filters
- The ability to save current filters and their states (on/off) as
defaults

Exceptions:
- Slightly improved and the ability to easily open a debugger
- Added warning if you select to install a release that is not marked
for your Squeak version.

And a bunch of other small things I can't remember.

Doug - if it all seems to work this one might be a good candidate for an
update-bump. But we can give it a day or two to see that I haven't
botched anything.

Over and out, time to sleep.

regards, Göran

PS. I will check email tomorrow for any problems. Hopefully there are
none serious. Oh, and btw - Monticello and Shout ROCKS! :)