Summary of "Magma notes" issues

John R. Pierce john at pierce.name
Sun Jul 11 03:27:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:17:30 -0300, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> I am the vicepresident of a
> software company, and although I enjoy *a lot* playing with Squeak in my
> spare time, I believe it would be irresponsible to use it in almost
> every production environment I know.  There's a lot of work to be done...

That's funny, I am the Executive Director of Information Services in my company
and I was just thinking that it would be irresponsible to use anything but
Squeak in nearly every production environment I know.

There's a lot work can be accomplished with high quality in short order with
such an elegant and powerful system like Smalltalk using Morphic, GOODS,
Seaside, and the like.

Regards,

John