[BUG][SM] Squeak map broken at server?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jul 11 17:35:53 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 05:46:57PM +0200, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:
> >
> > Since this is a serious problem, an ST changeset probably using David's
> > MemoryAddressesPlugin checking for the memory problem at startup and
> > both warning and hinting the user how to circumvent it, would be good,
> > if it takes longer to bugfix the VMs.
> >
> > Does the MemoryAddressesPlugin catch this error in every case?
> > Does the workaround by manually limiting the memory work in each case?
>
> Well, no. :) I guess that one could be unlucky and end up very close to
> the limit and then it would still be allocated overlapping the limit.

Hi Goran,

Are you saying the the MemoryAddressesPlugin does not work, or that just
that there are cases where it will not work because the memory in question
has not yet been allocated? Just curious, because I wrote the plugin but
I don't really know if it works as intended (I am using a 2.4 Linux system
that does not have the memory range issues we are discussing).

Thanks!

Dave