How to improve Squeak

danielv at tx.technion.ac.il danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Sun Jul 11 22:58:36 UTC 2004

Actually, note that the process is (somewhat) new, and other than some
fixes when things squeaked (;-) hasn't had too much discussion. So of
course new viewpoints are appreciated.

However - note that in this kind of endeavour (actually in many others
too), the benefits of many reasonable seeming policies can be
outweighted by their (sometimes indirect and hard to predict) costs if
they turn people off doing the work. So if you're interested in
improving it, you really should experience it first (read all the docs, review
someone else fix, try to get it resolved. Submit a fix/enh, get someone
to review it, until it is closed or approved).

I'm sure there are many things that could be done to improve the
process, and I for one would love to hear them, but they really need to
be clever and careful about  use of precious resources, especially
people's time.

Daniel