ServerFile example...

Russell Penney russell.penney at tincanct.com
Mon Jul 12 01:18:14 UTC 2004

Sorry to keep nagging everybody but this is exactly what my posts on
Resources/Codecs are trying to simplify.

We are reinventing stuff that there are standards for. I think a lot more
people would understand it better if you could write:

ServerDirectory
addURI: 'file://Volumes/Data/Users/ducasse/Workspace/FirstCircle/SqDemoes/'
named: 'ZZZZ'.

ServerDirectory and ServerFile each know how a URL is constructed and they
both make changes to the internals of a URL object! A URL should know how to
change the file name not these objects. The code could be simplified a lot
by refactoring.

Russell