3.7gamma (was Re: [FOR NEWBIES] The parts of Squeak)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Jul 12 05:32:13 UTC 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 05:29 PM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Hi people!
>
> The question from Brad Fuller (below) spurred me into doing a recap of
> how Squeak is ... well, partitioned or whatever you call it. This is
> good to know - and not really dead simple, so I will give it a shot to
> explain.
> ... For example, I am currently furiously trying to
> shape up the SqueakMap2 packages in time for the Grand Release of
> Squeak
> 3.7! :)
>
> Finally it is worth mentioning the Full image. The Full image is the
> Basic image with more cool packages installed on top. When the Basic
> image is getting ready for release - like NOW - the assembly of the
> Full
> image needs to be taken care of.

Just so people don't think I've forgotten about it, the 3.7gamma image
is still due Real Soon Now.

Lately, I've been waiting for Goran's latest SM2 packages to include as
updates (which load from SM).  We decided that these have only minor
new functionality and deserve to be in 3.7.  The new SM2 versions are
out there and it looks pretty good so far, but I will wait for the
upcoming 1.01 bugfix release.

Other than that, I need to summarize the SqueakPeople poll on UI
preferences and change the appropriate settings in the gamma image.
Basically, it looks like I'll be turning on dragNDrop and also changing
the scrollbar width to not be tied to the font size, and that's it.
I'll do this while waiting for SM2 1.01.

Then I will do the other image cleanups including looking at the ones
Michael provided, updating the Welcome Window, etc.  I'll shoot for
mid-week to have a gamma image ready.

- Doug