How to improve Squeak

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 13 10:16:33 UTC 2004

On 12/07/04 23:17, "Avi Bryant" <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

> Anyway, in theory this could be done with update streams, but I don't
> think it would scale very well.  For one thing, a crucial part of the
> process I'm describing is being able to steal changes you like from
> other people's streams.  It's easy enough to move a given changeset
> over to your stream, but it might depend on changes that were made
> earlier that you don't have, or conflict with changes that you've made
> locally, and so on.  It would also be tedious for a user to switch from
> image to image - migrating a "Doug image" to a "Ned image" would be
> nearly impossible.  You'd have to go back to a baseline release and
> start again with the new stream from there.

Avi:
Not really.
I like see and try code by Squeakers more advanced.
The "experimental" or chaos mode of Squeak is the most valuable thing.
Remember, in Greek mythology (and modern Entropy_, world and life evolved
from chaos.

I wait you, Ned, Goran and all masters publish your images somewhere.
Or only give us , the people, a list of what packages you think is important
have/ test in ours.

Edgar