UI Default vote summary

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Jul 14 05:32:32 UTC 2004

Just tallied the votes from the SqP vote on the UI defaults:

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/35.html

Eh, might as well just copy the text here:

-------------------------------
Okay, the vote's been over for a while, so here's the tally. The first
two numbers for each item are the total votes in favor and total votes
against. The last number is the grand total.

1. keep menuWithIcons                  *  +9.25     -4  *   +5.25
2. keep gradientMenu                   *  +11.5     -1  *  +10.5
3. keep scrollbarsNarrow               *   +7.5   -5.5  *   +2
4. keep scroll size tied to font       *     +2  -11.5  *   -9.5
5. keep gradntScroll/altWinBoxes       *     +9     -3  *   +6
6. change to windowTitleFont-Accujen   *     +3     -6  *   -3
(7. change display depth to 32)        *     +5     -4  *   +1
8. change to browserWithDragNDrop      *  +13.5     -1  *   +12.5

Note that #7 will be ignored... see my post above. We can switch to
doing the "right thing" in 3.8alpha by reading the native OS display
depth on startup and matching that.

So, it looks like #4 and #8 are the only things which will change for
3.7gamma.

So, I'll issue an update right before the gamma update (hopefully
tomorrow) which changes the default for browseWithDragNDrop to true,
and also does a code tweak to hard-code the scrollbar size to a numeric
value not tied to any font size. (should be a 1 or 2-liner)  The gamma
candidate image will have all prefs reset to their defaults.  (This
won't happen in your own custom images.)

- Doug