Phew... Ok, SM published.

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Jul 14 15:54:24 UTC 2004

Hi people!

I have been fighting bugs all day, this upgrading business was trickier
than I thought.

Anyway, now I decided to release. Noteworthy:

- A new confirm-on-each "upgrade all" menu choice. Both those choices
also confirm first to go ahead after figuring out what they intend to
upgrade.
- New API for upgrades. If you have load scripts today that loads
prereqs use this:

SMSqueakMap default upgradeOrInstallPackageWithId:
'c4c13ea3-e376-42c7-8d9e-dc23b09f9f29'

Then it will either:
- Install the *published*, *latest* release for *your Squeak version*.
- Upgrade from the installed release to the *latest*, *published*
release for *your Squeak version*.
- If that release is already installed it will do nothing.

regards, Göran

PS. Some scripts will likely break, the BFAV2 Installer did - but I have
sent a new one to Brent. But they should be easy to fix.