[BUG] 'chase pointers' only works for 'self' in inspector (was Re:How to explore a Project saving problem, in great detail)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 05:04:48 UTC 2004

> Seems like this qualifies as a bug, especially since the similar
> 'objects pointing to this value' works on any variable selected in the
> inspector.  Ought to be fixable, I'd think.

This might be harder than you think - I remember briefly looking at this
problem way, way back when I first encountered it and not being able to come
up with a good solution - the issue is that you do NOT want to include the
inspector in the reference chain to the object and that is not exactly
trivial to do. But if you can find a way I'll be forever grateful ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas