About Tweak to replace Morphic

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jul 15 19:28:48 UTC 2004

My definition will be certainly much more imprecise that the one of
Andreas and other Tweakers :).
Tweak can be seem as a rewrite of Morphic but we much more than that.
The rewrite is a side-effect
that I would really enjoy to use for Squeaking :)... Tweak is based on
kind of prototype-based model and it offers a much better concurrency
model than the stepping mechanism of Morph (You can do simulation in a
much simpler way). We can also see Tweak as the next level programming
language if we consider that Etoy is the first entry level. But Tweak
could also be the basis for Flash-like programming because you can
define program that are file-based (at least when I saw it). So you see
this is another exciting head of Squeak. May be Tweak will be used to
script croquet (it would make sense). And if we could get rid of
Morphic and use Tweak to build user interface this would be great (at
least for me).

Stef

On 15 juil. 04, at 19:35, Eric Merritt wrote:

> Just out of  curiosity what is  Tweak? I googled for it but wasn't
> able  to find anything relevent.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>
> --
> Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc,
> informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Lisp

yeap