The future of SM...

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jul 15 20:55:31 UTC 2004

Hi Raymond!

Raymond Asselin <raymondasselin at sympatico.ca> wrote:
[SNIP of things i like to hear, but have no useful comment. :)]

> >- If the answer is yes, is it fair of me to ask people to collaborate
> >with me on how SM works and how it should evolve ....
>
> It is a must, everybody can have a point of view on it even if not everybody can effectively
> build it, or say what is the best way to implement something.  It is useful to know what
> people think even if it is only 'I second the point of view of Karl'.

Yes, I meant more in the sense of "instead of people trying to build
replacements". :)

It is definitely useful to hear what people think and say. It is IMHO
crucial.

> >After that I intend to add the long planned dependency model.
>
> That is what everybody is crying for I guess.  Is the conception of this model was discuss
> earlier or will be sometime in the next months ? (sorry if it is done just indicate where to
> pickup the information). In fact for now I don't have a well understanding of what this implies
> and how to do it, except to say that dependency doesn't seem easy to do.

Well, there are some really messy texts over here:
	http://anakin.bluefish.se/gohu/15

Those pages haven't been updated in a while - but there is a lot of text
there.

[SNIP]
> These was my few notes on the subject for now.
>
> Ciao
>
> Raymond

Thanks, Göran