How to improve Squeak

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jul 16 18:21:15 UTC 2004

Hi kamil

I will try to answer your questions a bit :)

- It is important that you can develop real applications with Squeak
(even if Squeak is already a quite complex applications in itself).
There are some really good tools already.

- Now parts of squeak need energy to be cleaned, adapted to new
requirements. So feel free to help
us making the system better. This can be by writing tests to document
classes, proposing enh....

> Sometimes I have relax time just browsing what's in the image. It
> feels like adventure game. For example recently I "discovered"
> StarSqueak as it floats in 3.6 full image. Now I wonder why there are
> methods in class SmartRefStream named as:
>
> #starLogoAntColonybosfcedppplppppttwssdlgrstta0
> #starLogoMorphbosfcedppplppppttwssdlgrstt0
> #starLogoTreesbosfcedppplppppttwssdlgrsttdt0
> #starLogoTurtlewwxywwhcpn0

I would say that this is related to saving starLogo in projects, and
knowing which class to use when

Stef