How to improve Squeak (InternalThreadNavigationMorph question)

Raymond Asselin raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 17 18:49:27 UTC 2004

Le 2004/07/17, Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> écrivait :

>There are a few complaints I would have from a UI perspective .. I'll just
>list them to get it off my mind :)
>
>    1) The most confusing thing: If I click on the ITNM middle button and
>    do "simply close this navigator". it disappears and I do not have any
>    another way to get back to it, apart from dragging a NEW ITNM. Maybe I
>    missed something ...

To make it reappears just select in the world menu
    object(o)/navigation/ThreadNavigator

this will give you a new ITNM and you'll see in the 'middle button' the name of your
Trhead... just select it.

>    2) Within Squeak, the presentation pages created as described above are
>    visible on "jump to project" as standalone "projects" - which they are
>    but it would be far more natural if the InternalThreadNavigationMorph
>    (ITNM) becomes a "Parent Project" on the "jump to project" list (or
>    there could be a menu item in world for "presentations/navigations"
>    that would list the ITNMs)  .. the way it is now is confusing because
>    it "flattens" all pages of all presentation I may have and clutters the
>    project list way too much ...

Yes your are right.

>    3) I do not see and easy way to save the presentation, I think that is
>    what you are describing below

You can save the ITNM as a morph (this will end up with a file .morph)
but this does not save the projects only the thread.

You probably can save all project of a thread but with a script on a workspace may
be you will have to create a method in InternalNavigationMorph to access the
instanceVariable 'listOfPages'.

Bye