About translating Squeak in French

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Jul 17 21:10:59 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to have a fully translated squeak in french. I loaded the
> LanguageEditor (thanks for that diego). Now I would like to know if
> there are people willing to help.
>
> I would also like to know if other translaters (swedish, german...)
> already used the languageEditor and
> how the translations are stored in the image. And also how did they
> proceed? Did you have one person merging all the file sent by others?

Hi Stef,
i would to help for the french translation. I think we have to start
with the initial translation of Pierre-André, but dunno exactly how ...
i have to look at Babel more precisely.

In order to manage the distributed translation, we should try like the
DVD, each translaters take 20 or 50 sentences.

--                                                         oooo
Serge Stinckwich                                         OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##